Buying a home in the North Texas area can be a long, traumatic, complicated experience. That’s why you should have a real estate agent in Flower Mound TX by your side to guide you through the process, happy and unscathed. Sure, your agent will earn a commission from the purchase of any home you buy; but that doesn’t mean that the job of handling your home purchase is something he can or should do on his own. Your realestate agent in Flower Mound TX needs help from you to be successful. What are the things you can do to help him?
1. Get pre-approved for a mortgage before you even pick up the phone to call him. If you know how much money the bank will lend you to buy a house, then you won’t waste your agent’s time by having him show you houses that are out of your price range. And, if you’re pre-approved, there’s a better chance a deal your realtor negotiates for you won’t fall apart because of financing problems.
2. Work exclusively with him. While it’s okay for you to work with multiple realtors at the same time when you’re buying a home, loyalty to your realtor will make him work that much harder for you.
3. Make sure you tell him your home preferences. Letting him know exactly what you want – house and lot size, number of bedrooms, neighborhood, etc. – before he starts making a list of possibles will save time and aggravation. Also, make sure he knows how urgent your purchase is and how much time you have to look at houses in any given period.
4. If you’re married, check to make sure you and your spouse agree on what you want. Having a different list of wants and needs than your spouse makes for more wasted time for your agent and for a very contentious home searching experience.
5. Keep showing appointments and keep lines of communication open. Don’t leave your agent hanging. His time is valuable and he doesn’t want to spend it sitting in his car in front of a home you had an appointment to see but didn’t show up for. If you can’t make an appointment, call him. If he calls you for any reason, don’t wait two or three days to call back.
6. Have your paperwork ready. When it’s time to close on your home, make sure you have all of the paperwork your agent tells you you’ll need.
7. Show up for your home inspection. A home inspection is an important part of the process of home-buying. A home inspector examines your house thoroughly to make sure it’s in good shape before you buy it. If you’re there, he can explain any problems he finds so that you and your realtor can use that information in the negotiating process.
8. Don’t ask your real estate agent in Flower Mound TX to do anything illegal. Sometimes buyers ask their agents to lie or misrepresent in an effort to gain the upper hand in negotiations; but realtors are bound by a code of ethics that means they can’t do anything illegal or violate fair housing laws.
The real estate agent in Flower Mound TX who can find the perfect home for you is Sean May Homes. Whether it’s a custom home, a mansion or anything in between that you’re looking for, Sean May is the realtor you need in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Call 972-457-3002 and visit www.newflowermoundhomes.com to start your home search online.